Search This Blog

Saturday, June 28, 2014

Day 13

Day 13...

I have been assigned a finisher!! I still don't know when I'll be leaving, but any news is good news. This morning I took the precaution of catching up on my laundry in preparation. I'm READY!!!

In the meantime, I'm watching the Weather Channel as they are predicting a severe thunderstorm to roll through here within the next 45 minutes or so. It appears to be sunny and a bit breezy at the moment. We'll see. It would certainly provide a break in my routine of get up, have breakfast, take shuttle bus to terminal, take shuttle bus to Wal-Mart, take shuttle bus back to hotel, shower, rinse, repeat.

Yesterday I ran into one of our fellow students from our truck driving school in Florida. That was a complete surprise because he'd been planning o  going with another company. Evidently something didn't go as he anticipated and he de ided to go with Con-way. He actually arrived here a few weeks before we did and had completed his training and was in the process of getting his own truck whe  I saw him. Go Mike and safe travels!!

Of the group of us that went through "boot camp" here, everyone but myself is out on the road in various stages of training. I can't wait to get out there to join them. The sooner we get this part over with, the sooner Mark and I can be back together!!

Storm Update: DUD! It looked impressive on the radar, but never did materialize at this particular location.

No comments:

Post a Comment