Search This Blog

Sunday, June 29, 2014

Hotel, Motel, Holiday Inn......

I think I've just about covered all those since Monday! Well, when I left off the other day we were on our way to Laredo to get a new truck.We arrived in Laredo around 7PM ready to get our new truck and get this show on the road. We found the truck, pulled the rental car up next to it, because we look like the Clampetts with all of our stuff piled into the backseat, ready to unpack and get settled into our new home. My finisher, Kevin, did a quick walkaround inspection and then climbed into the cab because we were gonna need some A/C while unpacking because it is screaming hot down here! Here's the keys, keys in ignition, turn key, next you would expect to hear the mighty rumble as the engine comes to life! Nope, nothing. Truck won't start! A mechanic tried jump starting the truck but to no avail so we were told to get a room. Three days in Fort Worth, then a rental car and 7 hours on the road just to find out the truck won't start. Now, we've been in a room since Friday night, with same rental car, because apparently no one can work on the truck until Monday. So I am highly anticipating what tomorrow might bring. I think my grand total of miles during all this is around 300 miles. A little behind the curve at this point. Need to get done so Ginnie and I can get moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment